Thursday, June 17, 2010

Zelig Cuts The Ribbon

I'm heading to the opening day of the new farmers' market in Acton, with a bus full of produce picked that morning.


A few minutes into the start of the market and Josey, the market manager, asked me to cut the ribbon for the opening ceremony.

"Ahh, yeah, be there in a minute Josey."

Since Whole Circle is the only farmer vendor at the market I was asked to cut the ribbon on behalf of Whole Circle and as a representative of the farming community. I was given a pair of garden shears, and stood in the middle of a line of local bigwigs including the town mayor. After a few seconds of click click clicking of the local reporters' cameras I cut a length of twine to the hoopla and cheers of local bystanders.

After being blinded by the flash of the paparazzi cameras I got back to my table piled high with vegetables and excoriated an elderly lady for mauling my bags of fresh picked lettuce mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment