Saturday, October 23, 2010

Ninety-five Hundredth Garlic Planting


This is my own garlic crop of 9,500 cloves, separate from Whole Circle's garlic. It includes the 1,100 plants I grew at Farmstart last year, and harvested this past summer, plus, assorted varieties from other sources.

Many thanks to Paul Pospisil, the "Garlic Guru," and Editor of the Garlic Newsletter; and Bob Litke from Seeds of Diversity and Warren Ham of August Harvest for their garlic donations; Matthew Bulmer for giving me space to grow garlic; and Johann and Maggie and Abhi at Whole Circle for giving me land in the back garden; and Daniel Hoffman of Cutting Veg for advice. And Deborah for her unbending encouragement.

More later on my plans to develop a garlic marketing strategy.


























Whole Circle colleagues Heather, Andrew and Yana helped plant almost 10,000 cloves in the past week. I'll plant another 1,000 cloves at friend Matthew Bulmer's farm in Puslinch - I want to compare how they grow in his more sandy soil.






No comments:

Post a Comment